Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Global Issue: Rape

As of yesterday, I found a topic that interested me very much. Rape comes close to my heart because I hate to think about those who are abused sexually and used as if they are toys. I decided to choose rape as my topic for global issues because I know how many people get raped often without any care to the government. In foreign countries, many woman are abused and used by their husbands because they are ranked socially lower than men in their country.

It has affected my life in many ways, and one being the emotional feelings I receive from this topic. I watch movies and television shows were rape is normal to everyone, yet it should be more of a serious issue. I'm very passionate about this topic because it makes me feel like I want to do something to change how people feel about rape in the United States as well as any international country. This is my final topic because I know in my heart that I am very interested and motivated in this topic because I want to be able to learn more about those struggling with the issues of rapes.

There are only two perspectives on rape. One side believes rape is okay and the other believes rape is terrible and wrong. Although I may not agree with rape being okay, I can look at their perspective and see why. There are people who can go weeks maybe even months talking about the way they feel about rape. Many people strongly disagree with rape because it is very horrific. This topic can cause controversy between some people, but many view rape as wrong. For someone who thinks rape is okay, they view woman as socially lower than men. They think that woman should provide themselves for men and woman can be used. For those who believe that rape is not okay, they think that woman and men are equal. That woman should not be used for different purposes, and they believe that woman do not need to always provide for men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment