Thursday, 1 October 2015

Rape: What I Did Not Know

A few things I learned about my global issue, rape, is how much it has affected people today. I did not realize the amount of pain and damage rape has caused woman, but not only them, men have also been raped almost as much as woman. Researching about rape, I found that only 3% of men are raped and more than 40% of woman are raped. This percentage shows that one out of every six woman has been a victim of rape. Although this numbers might not have much significance, but in reality that is a very large amount of females. Something that surprised me during my research was that over 20,000,000 females have been raped in their lifetime, and that is a huge amount of people. It has never crossed my mind that this many people could be raped.

I also learned that most woman take years and years to recover from rape. Depression is one of the most common effects of rape. Not only do woman lose self confidence, but they also begin to doubt themselves. They lose all aspects of trust. In all honesty, I thought the after affects of rape were not difficult to go through, but in reality it is much worse than I expected. It causes very much adversity and hardship for many people across the world. One day, I want to put an end to rape. I want to be able to say that all woman are safe, that all woman are equal to men, and that all woman will never have to deal with being abused.


http://indpaedia.com/ind/index.php/Rapes_in_India

lindarocker.com




No comments:

Post a Comment