PSA's
"Public service announcements, or PSA's, are short messages produced on film, videotape, DVD, CD, audiotape, or as a computer file and given to radio and television stations" (Hampton). A few advantages of PSA's include encouraging the audience or the people that are intended to listen to the PSA to do something. It raises awareness of the issue being discussed and more people become affected by the issue. Another advantage of PSA's are that it is very inexpensive to do. The only cost required is the production required for the PSA. PSA's are used to specifically add awareness to an issue or topic that is wanted to be discussed. One of the PSA's I've seen on television is when there are clips or pictures of animals that are abused and in need of help. The point of the PSA is to convince people to donate money to the dogs or animals in need. I have never really been impacted by a PSA that much because I don't notice or see them very often and if I do, I don't realize that it is a PSA at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment